Jordan Hare Stadium is the home of Auburn University’s football team.
The stadium is located on the Auburn campus in Auburn, Alabama.
The stadium is named for Ralph ‘Shug’ Jordan, Auburn’s winningest football coach; and Cliff Hare, a member of Auburn’s first football team.
Shug Jordan became head coach of Auburn in 1951, and he was still coaching when the stadium was renamed to honor him in 1973, making it the first stadium in the US to be named for an active coach.
In November of 2005, the playing field at the stadium was named Pat Dye Field in honor of former Auburn coach and athletic director Pat Dye.
The stadium reached its current seating capacity of 87,451 with the 2004 expansion and is the twelfth largest stadium in the NCAA.